View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Cowbelle

Default Wow, good experience!

I had a day off yesterday, and decided to take my 401 into a shop, as I wasn't at all sure I had rebuilt the top tension assembly correctly, and couple of other things that wouldn't move fully, even with months of Tri-flow and effort. The shop is a Bernina store, which advertises service. Got the 401 out of its cabinet and down to the store, went in without it to see if they really would work on it. Man at the counter said to bring it in and put it up on the counter. He had a really sour demeanor, no smile, no small talk, just started fooling around with it. Other customers came in, he just kept working on it. Finally, when another gal asked how old it was, we both said "50's", and he barely smiled. I said I could leave it - had intended to, no answer, no comment. After about 45 min. he said " there, all set". I asked what the charge was, and he said "nothing". I just about fainted. He commented that his mother has the same machine (I'm probably old enough to be his mother!) and said again, no charge! He also said the "worm gear" was what makes it kind of growly. I had kind of expected an attitude of superiority from a Bernina store, but was totally wrong! Now, I haven't used it yet, but will after work today. What a nice experience, and good advertising for him! I'll tell everyone how nice it was. Also will take in my old Bernina 730 for a tune-up!