View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
citruscountyquilter

I love the Cherry Pit in Sevierville and stop there whenever we are in the area. They have marvelous selection of linen towels that I haven't been able to find anywhere else for that price. There are a lot of ideas in the shop, decent selection of fabric and the service is great. They were out of a pattern and ordered it and then shipped it to me at my home in Michigan. If you're not familiar with the area Sevierville and Pigeon Forge run together and Gaitlenberg is just a short distance away on the same road. The Cherry Pit is located in the old town center in Sevierville.
If you have time there is a wonderful quilt shop in Knoxville which isn't far. It's called Mawmmaw's Thimble. They have the largest selection of reproduction fabric (both civil war and 1930's) plus a large selection of other fabrics. They also have a room for husbands with TV etc so you can shop to your heart's delight and your hubby won't be bored. In fact the room is called the "Bored" Room and it is for the CEO (carry everything out)! Well worth the drive.