View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Carol34446

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Going way back to when most of us were little girls we we taught about perfection and it has really hampered a lot of us from being able to just enjoy the doing.

I am always hearing in general conversations about how grown women talk about how imperfect they are. Much damage has been done over many years of striving to be perfect. Jenny Doan and Eleanor Burns are great examples of how much fun any endeavor can be. Be it quilting, cooking, gardening, etc. Hurray to them for making it less stressful and more fun. We can take their inspiration and fly as high as we want with it. The methods they show us only help us to get more creative in our own lives.
peace
You are so right, if your going to put a quilt in a show and winning is all, take you time and be perfect. But ladies, it is time to have fun and if not perfect, it will be close enough when quilted and when quilted, the person who receives it will be thrilled, what else matters. Not to say don't try, but it is not worth ulcers over it. Enjoy and both Jenny and Eleanor make me laugh so much. My DH goes around saying "stitch in the ditch" a lot when shows are on and I have a good laugh as he is 81. 4 kinds of CA and I am sure the humor and laughs we have have a lot to do with fact he is doing great.