View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Pennyhal

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
I am making in the process of making the Disappearing Pin-Wheel (ShooFly) using Jenny's technique. Working on blocks cut on the bias is not all that easy. Most of my blocks were square, but not all. I just did the best that I could do. I used a lot of starch to help prevent stretching, sometimes to the point of being cardboard like and they still didn't always come out square. The quilt is for me, so I am not stressing over it, but my youngest grandson loves it and wants it when I am done with it. It is made from my late husband's button down shirts into a memory quilt and only one of the materials is 100% cotton. I am sure that is where part of the trouble started. I am just happy that I could follow the pattern and have it almost finished at this point. The only thing to finish is the borders and binding since I used a QAYG technique, also. I will be posting a photo when it is complete.
Gosh, I thought I was the only one who could starch fabric as stiff as a board and still not cut it and have it come out the right size.