View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

This machine does not look like it was refinished. It seems just like brand new out of the box, except for the pock marked little label that says "Commander" and it is almost illegible from the beating it took. I have sewed with the machine, but the seams kinda bunch up as you move forward. I don't know how to deal with that. You can stretch the stitches out smooth if you leave enough cut-off at the end of the seam. I might not have it going right through the tension--it is really weird, on the end of the head--as you can see from pictures. It doesn't seem to have a tension piece. But it is easy to thread; and maybe just isn't so contrary about being threaded just right to make it sew.

Thanks, Joe, for all the information. I am so thankful for being on this board. We own the Country Junction here in Macon County, and I was talking with one of the dancers last night and she was on the board a long time ago and remembers a guy who used to post all the time. I think she said his name might have been Glen. She was wondering if I knew of him. Do you? She said she thought he might have been from Florida. I told her you're our mostly "go to guy" for good information now.

Last edited by oldtnquiltinglady; 06-01-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: add another sentence