View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
PlanoDebbie

I love making child size quilts, so I'm usually done piecing a quilt before I get bored with it and want to move on to another project. Right now I have about 10 quilts that are pieced and waiting to be quilted and 3 quilts just needing the binding hand-stitched.

The lighting in my loft where I sew is not great in the evenings, so I try to only use my Longarm on the weekends. When I quilt on my longarm I usually try to fit either 2 or 4 quilts onto one large backing fabric to make my time more productive. None of my quilt tops have been waiting for their turn on the longarm for more than a year. Once I have enough quilt tops that would all look good with the same backing fabric, I get them quilted. Most of my quilts are donated to Project Linus, so it doesn't matter if I have the same fabric used to back multiple quilts.

I'm hoping to get several of my quilts quilted and with binding attached to the front so that I have plenty of hand work on the binding to do next month after knee surgery. I also try to do a lot of my upstairs sewing while my husband is traveling so that I can sit and do my hand sewing while watching TV when he is home. I also like to take my quilts to do the hand sewing while we tailgate at football games. As long as I can donate at least 2-3 finished quilts each month, I'm fine with having several projects in process.