View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Gannyrosie

) board name/real first name Gannierosie/ Mary
2) how long have you been quilting? Started by helping Aunt do HQ sometime around 16, never really sewed much. Piddled with hand sewing for about a year around 18. Didn't start actual quilt making till I retired in 2007.
3) favorite quilting tool... My tiny needle nose pliers when HQ
4) favorite quilt you have made and why? Since I was 18 I always wanted to make a Grandmothers Garden, never had time working/taking care of family. So in 2009 I finally went for it, but it had a meaning. My eldest daughter whom lives away in Hong Kong loved her clothes ( had to be cotton and no buttons/zippers). I saved many of them from her childhood since they were still in very good condition. So I started my Quilt, with her clothes, some of my dress's my mom made for me when in HS, and some of my mom's old clothes. I added some new fabric and 9 months later, my all hand stiched and hand quilted baby was born. ( it's my avatar). This is my proudest quilt for I waited over 30 years to be able to have the time to dedicate to it.
5) favorite color (not a quilt question). Hum, I really don't have one, but I tell my grandson's purple, since they have one.
6) favorite flower. A rose
7) best advice you can give. There are two sides to every man, make sure you like both before you say yes.
8) any other quilt spots you visit online besides quilting board? Only if I'm looking for an idea or inspiration, it could be anywhere. I think I've seen all of the MSQ company's you tubes though.

Interesting survey.