View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 08:42 PM
LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by omak
Fire fighters have to do what firefighters do. Most especially in the volunteer departments! Even if you never have to climb a ladder after training, you must be trained to do it all.
I spent a year as a volunteer firefighter/EMT ... got all the training and when it came to graduation night at the EMT event ... I found out I was absolutely no good in an emergency!
I am empathetic and FEEL everything I see, which is why I can't watch wanton, graphic blood and gore ... in an emergency I spend so much time trying to control my "feelings" I almost do more damage than the original accident ... I had to leave it all behind. I was no help! But, there are a lot of ways we can support firefighters, and I am glad for this quilt to be a good example!
Omak,
It hurt when I could not physically do it as emotionally I am solid as a rock-so to speak :-) It is nice to see other women who are or who have tried.
And thank you for the compliment that the quilt is a good example of the support-that means a lot to me!
Hugs
April