View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM
jarenie

I make quilts that I want to make and in the patterns that I want to do.
That Said:
I take pictures of the quilts that I am willing to part with and send them to the person I wish to gift. I give all the details on the quilt color, size, backing and anything else that I can think of they might want to know.
I make a note that they are welcome to choose one of the quilts as my gift to them. A lot of the time I have to answer more questions to help them make their up their minds. I even had one Grandson want 2 of them as he could not make up his mind. He finaly settled on one. But reserved the other in case he got married and he wanted it as a wedding gift. I have tucked it away for him when needed.

I started doing it this way when my son came to visit and I was working on a quilt for him and it was up on the design wall. I asked him what he thought of it and he did not really like it. I could have sworn that he would love it.

Since I have started doing the pick one quilts I have had the pleasure of seeing several of them on display in homes. One is on the wall and my DIL calls it ART not Bed Cover. I love that lady.
Well that is my story. What we think they will like may not be.
Have a Great Day