View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Havplenty

1) board name/real first name
Havplenty / Mary

2) how long have you been quilting
I am snuggling with a kitty quilt I made over 20 yrs ago so I guess I have been quilting longer than I remember. In earnest I would say about 7-8 yrs.

3) favorite quilting tool
My rulers. How can one quilt without some way to measure everything. Twice.

4) favorite quilt you have made and why
My favorite quilt would be my Perkiomen Daydreams (circa Bonnie Hunter) as this quilt is made up of 10,000 1" finished squares it includes pieces of most of my stash, my fave linen dresses, many swap blocks, pieces from clothing & quilts I have made, my most fave fabrics prints.... It has some of everything in it.

5) favorite color (not a quilt question)
Now I do not have just one fave color, I just love colors. My wardrobe would support this claim.

6) favorite flower
No one fave flower either. I love so many of them. I had all sorts in my garden. Flowers are pretty to look at and they smell great.

7) best advice you can give
My advice is to love the person that you are (or work on yourself until you do). It is only then I feel you can give the best of yourself in all that you do.

8) any other quilt spots you visit online besides quilting board?
Oh my I visit lots of other websites. i.e. Selvage Blog, Red Pepper Quilts, Sew Mama Sew, Persimon Dreams, Quiltville, Crazy Mom Quilts, String Thing Along just to name a few.

Last edited by Havplenty; 06-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.