View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by janRN
Klue: what beautiful fabric BlueChicken sent you and what a great thing you're doing. They say what goes around comes around so only good things can come your way.

I understand about the job loss situation. It was a year in Nov that my DH lost his. He saw an opportunity and started his own business--but then they took away his unemployment compensation because he's "self-employed" even though there was a period of no income. Oh well, sorry to be long-winded but now his business is doing well and I'm sure with your DH's talents he'll find something even better than he had. (I just can't get used to him home 24/7--he used to spend 6-8 mos a year in China!!)
Good luck-know that all the people on this QB are pulling for you guys.
Peace-Jan
JanRN, I can relate. DH's truck driving job was cut to 3 days per week, then now he was laid off with only a half day going to service the fleet. In this rainy weather we've been having, it has literally been 24/7. He has been feeling pretty bad just not being able to "go to work." I told him to look at the bright side. Since 1956, all we've wanted to do was be together all the time. But work responsibilities, children, and all that comes with both parents working made it difficult to be together. Now, at last, we're together in an empty nest.

:lol: :lol: