View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Cactus Stitchin

I also have a brother and it is a bit higher end than what you are thinking of - mine has 3.5 million (yes million) stitches on it and it is still going strong and everything works great. I find the Manuel very easy to read and customer service has been extremely helpful. I was updating the software to accept an additional hoop size and it worked so easily that I wasn't sure I had done it right. When I called and they didn't know the answer to my specific question, they asked if they could research it and call me back. I sort of figured I'd never hear from them again but within 30 minutes they called back with a very complete answer and profusely apologized that they didn't know the answer right off. I was impressed! I also test drove a Pfaff, Bernina, and a Janone. All seemed to be great machines but I honestly thought the transition from my 30 year old New Home would be easier with the Brother or the Janome. For me the choice was the price, what was included in the package and finding it easier for me personally to use the Brother menu system.