Old 06-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Ariannaquilts

For those of you that said about the wrong size bobbin I think you misunderstood, I do have the correct bobbin in there what I was trying to say was that I didn't have another to switch to if I found a burr on it. I just got this machine a few days ago and like the majority of you I just had to start sewing and this is when I ran into all these issues. With regard to cleaning and oiling I definitely will do that but under no circumstances will I be taking anything apart. I followed some instructions on here from Billy and somehow I don't know what I did wrong but my Singer Treadle stopped working, it was sewing so awesomely before I did anything to her (there are pictures of 2 of my girls on here one is Miss Rosie) it just breaks my heart when I want to use her but can't, it's not like it's easy to transport a treadle in a sedan. With the 301 I will definitely clean her and oil her but I won't be taking her apart. Miriam thanks for the info about dropping the feed dogs. I almost bought another 301A today it was the two tone but decided to get this black 301 taken care of first. I will try the suggestions that I have not already tried and keep you updated. I will post pics of her once she is good. How many of you have 301's and where on your favorites list does she fit in??