View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 03:06 AM
JustAbitCrazy

I have used Golden Threads paper and like it, however I found another product I prefer. I now use Miracle Film, which is a heat-away stabilizer. It is lightly frosted, almost clear, and prepreforated so it tears away really, really easily. I use a permanent thin sharpie to mark my design on the smooth side, let it dry overnight (or cheat and dry it with a hairdryer on low), then use a temporary spray adhesive lightly on the backside (the bumpy side) to place it on the quilt. Since you can see through it, it is easy to get precision placement. Quilt through it, and tear away. If there are areas which are densely quilted you may need tweezers or fingernails to get out the little bits, or you can just hold a hot iron above it, wait for the film to "ball up", and brush it off the quilt. I have never had to use an iron, though, because it tears away sooo easily. Sulky makes a heat away stabilizer, too, which can be used in the same manner, but the one I bought is called Miracle Film. I believe it is less expensive than the Sulky product.