View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 04:54 AM
Karamarie

I "usually" finish the project I am currently working on before I start the next - but there are always new ideas floating in my head to begin another project. I agree with other's comments that if I put it away, it is hard to get it out to work on it again. I do all my own machine quilting on my Janome 6600 and really enjoy that but the hardest part for me is sandwiching and basting the top, batting and back together. Small ones are not bad but the bigger ones I have to do on the floor and at 69 that gets harder and harder. It is the best feeling of accomplishment when I can complete a quilt from start to finish by myself. I love the work of our longarmers but I also like machine quilting myself and the more I do it the better it gets. I also am working on using my stash and that isn't hard to do now a days with the price of fabric. I actually have seen my stash go down a little and that is a good feeling. If you can discipline yourself to finish one UFO before starting another - you're doing great but if not don't sweat it - you need to enjoy what you are doing at the time. You are on the road to being an awesome quilter.