View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:45 AM
auntjo

Default re: Lady of the Lotus by Diann Logan

...from Designs in Patchwork, 1987. Anybody tried this one. I have been so frustrated with the pattern pieces not fitting together. This is not a repeating block, rather one huge interlocking design. The center went together pretty nicely w/some minor problems w/one or two of the pieces, but I've had nothing but problems with the corner pattern pieces taken directly from the book not fitting together even closely - so the problem just compounds itself as the pieces get larger. I have set it aside for a couple months now & am trying to get back to it, only to find that more of the pieces are not sized correctly to fit together. I really don't know what to do with it at this point other than continue trying to gerry rig everything to just get the top done & hope the quilting will help hide the bad spots. Unfortunately, I am experienced enough to know that really isn't the answer & that this top is certainly not up to my standards for the top going together nice & flat. Having to stretch some pieces, cut some others off, take larger seams. The whole thing is truly trying at this point... I really do like the look of the fabrics & the overall finished look so I will continue, but decided to throw this out there & see if anyone else has figured out some tricks to this one that I apparently am missing...

1st pic is my center; 2nd pic is pic from book of completed quilt; 3rd is w/one corner section laid up on design board.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]477752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]477753[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]477757[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1544.jpg   dscf1543.jpg   dscf1545.jpg  

Last edited by auntjo; 06-03-2014 at 09:05 AM.