Thread: The new ones
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Macybaby

Default The new ones

These are the three we returned home with. The two newer models came from my MIL. The Singer is as pictured on the box, we'll find someone to give that one to.

And the Elna - this belonged to DH's Grandma, so we'll keep this one. Need to order a foot pedal, but they are available. There is a chance the original is still in the house, but DH does not want to deal with that side of the family to go look for it.

And the Domestic. The case is in really nice shape, and she is a pretty machine.

Then for the others - this one came yesterday.

It's the same age as I am - a 1961 model. And the case does not stink!

And the last - this one came right before we left

It also came with some neat attachments - including this one. Only part of the direction page is there, but the buttonholer is all there, so now I know exactly what I need to get the other one fixed.

This is the other neat box of attachments I picked up while on the road.

Nothing real special about the attachments (they are for a fiddle base side clamp machine) but the way they mount in the box is different. There is a threaded rod with notches, and the round nuts tighten against the attachments and hold them firmly in place. This is a complete set - except for the screwdrivers.