View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 05:04 AM
Bee Beatty

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Trying to figure out if I can squeeze this swap in. I really enjoyed the last one. I'm already in both Boom groups (38 blocks), though. Whew!

Are there any guidelines regarding the difficulty of the blocks? (For example, paper-piecing, inset seams, applique', etc.?)

(Oh, cool! This is my 2,222-nd post. )
Moonrise, I am giving this swap serious thought as well. I joined the 2-month, Boom 13 Jade Group. That means I need to complete 19 blocks to ship out by mid August ( 3 blocks per week starting last week of June to finish early)

Then joining Repeat 2, I will need 12 Blocks by October 1. If I start making them in Mid-August, that gives me 6 weeks...so 2 blocks per week will get me there. (I can easily do 3 blocks per week through Oct.)

So based on the above thinking adding the 4 Leaf Clover group....here's a quick view schedule:

Boom 13 - Jade - 3 blocks per week starting June 25 through August 22 = 24 Blocks (5 Blocks are 4-Leaf Clover)
Boom 13 - 4 Leaf Clover - 3 blocks per week starting September 1 through September 21 = 15 (Completes Boom 13)
Repeat 2 - starting July 15 (?) through September 30 = 11weeks. That's approximately 1 additional per week.

So if you do all three, you'll could work with 3 blocks a week starting June 25. Then increase to 4 blocks per week on July 15. Then back to three blocks per week on Sept 30 through the Oct deadline.

Ok If you're not asleep yet, it means you are still considering Repeat 2 so am I.....definitely the tortious here. When I get my fabrics....I schedule on my quilting calendar...complete ahead of time if possible,

Buzzy Bee