View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Macybaby

Default Looking for another one!

I've been slowly going through the sewing related stuff I brought home after my Mother passed away this spring. By the time I got interested in vintage machines, my Mom was already too far gone for much communication - but one time I asked her about her old sewing machine, and she was able to tell me taht it was a White.

I know the one she had that she gave to my neice is a Viking - so it replaced the White at some point. It is strange that all I remember about the White was that it had zigzag and the foot pedal was on the floor - while I could remember the old Singer well enough to correctly identify which model it was (201). I also remember that we were not allowed to sew on Mom's "good" machine until we proved able - but I also know I sewed quite a bit of clothing on it. Funny how memory works (or doesn't work) that way.

So today while sorting through a box of stuff - I found several bobbins that looked like class 15, and several packages of "White" brand needles. And then I found a note card, with White written on top, and 670-2046 on the left and ZA008 on the right.

I did some searching, and White did make a model 670-XXXX and it did take class 15 bobbins, so I think I may have discovered the model of the machine my Mom use to have - now to find one LOL!!

The next time I see my older siblings, I'm going to see if any of them remember anything about that machine. Most of us learned to sew on the old 201, and I know several of us got to use the "good" machine too.