View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM
ladyinpurple135

Sure do wish I could come up for one of your shows. York is my hometown but Dad moved us to Phoenix in 1955. In 1998 my sister moved back - she was only 3-12 when we moved so she didn't remember our old house. All our family still lives in York and Dover and has since the middle 1700s. I come up from here in NC in March for AQS Lancaster (and family visit!!) and then again the middle of July for Quilt Odyssey (and family visit!!!) - been to every single Quilt Odyssey - those first 3 years in Gettysburg were brutally hit! Anyway, I have your info card and have been trying to think about how I can manage a quick trip up as I would really like to see your show, but the 460 miles or so is getting hard on this old body (I always drive so I can stop at my favorite quilt shop - Wilson's in Hagerstown) plus a few others along the way.

Still thinking about a visit - I am sure you all will have a great show. Is there anywhere where I can see pictures of some of the quilts? Just asking as one of my quilt guilds (I belong to 2) takes pictures of all the quilts in our show as they are brought in on intake day and then posts them on our website (ncpiecemKers.org) for each show. We have them for all our shows and it's really nice to revisit the quilts as the years go by.

Sorry for being so wordy appreciate you putting the notice on this board.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC (about 30 miles north of Charlotte, NC)