Old 12-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Esqmommy

Glad to hear my post put at least one or two minds at ease!!

KLue, I'm glad it was a scare and not the real deal. We've seen a few board members struggle with serious health issues, and it really sucks. I do love your thought process though...sounds like you are very good at keeping things close to the vest...I'd be talking about it incessantly - To your health my dear, to your health!

As for paper piecing - a few tips I have learning along the way. DO NOT get skimpy on the fabric pieces or you will regret it. Cut them too big because if you eyeball it and think you are cutting "just the right amount" it WILL come up short. It's Murphy's Law!! And, if a block is particularly complex with curves, etc, I leave the paper on until I'm ready to stitch it together with more pieces. The paper acts as glue to keep it in shape, particularly if you have any bias going where over the next 18 months the block will just sit there!!

Oh, and hey ladies, Merry Christmas!! The big man is flying high and my kids are about ready to jump out of their skin!!! Particularly my 7-year-old. Let me tell you..this is what it's all about, for sure!!