Old 06-06-2014, 05:42 AM
sdhaevrsi

Default My new (surprise) Pfaff 130 and Kenmore model 29, 148.293

I got the Kenmore that I was asking about, for $5. It looks like a nice machine, is very clean, but has no attachments.

I also got a Featherweight Card Table for $5. It is missing the bars that hold the machine in place, but I think I have replacement parts located. I have been looking for a FW card table for about 15 years!

Another surprise is my new Pfaff 130 in a cabinet, for $44, including tax. Both appear to be in decent shape. The machine will need to be re-wired, at least new cords put on, so my sewing machine education is going to be expanded. It has a box full of different feet, and a plastic box imprinted "knitting accessories." I don't know if they are for the machine but don't think so...? There is also some kind of counter gadget in that box.

The manuals are with the machine, as well as a paper printed in German saying "1953." It looks like it might be the original shipping paper into the USA, so think it came with the machine originally. Someone wrote on it "Jim's Auto Boat Upholstery."

The cabinet is called The Californian, No. 144, and has a chair that slides into it. I am just tickled! I won't be able to work on this for awhile, but couldn't wait to share with others that love these vintage machines.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg