Thread: Your quilt
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
All of my quilts are used. I haven't done the ones you put on your sofas, but when I do, they will be used as well. I purposely make the ones for the beds a little bit bigger, because I like to be able to wrap up in them.

I know there are many people who will not use them and not allow them to be used. I make mine to be used and loved.
Is there really anyone here who makes quilts and then puts them in a closet or tucks them away to never been seen again? :?:

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Okay, here is a kind of off topic question,

For those of you that use your quilts, what kind of batting do you use. I have two made from tricot (nylon) and they have thin batting in (I assume cotton). One was made many years ago by my great grandmother, and one 26 years ago by my aunt for our wedding.

I live in Utah, and it can get quite chilly here, so I just wondered what some of you other quilters use.

Thanks
I'm just next door to you here in Southeastern Idaho so I understand about it being cold. The cotton battings, unless you double them, are simply not warm enough for our winters here. What you can use that will really work is a wool batting. It quilts like a dream, isn't really any thicker than the cotton battings, but it works well for warmth! I also buy a cotton/poly blend (I think it's 80/20) that is warmer than the regular cotton battings, but the wool batting still wins the prize for me. Hope this helps.