View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 09:44 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

J Miller, it is great to see you up and functioning 100% again--I'm remembering your recent bout with something that put you in hospital. And I do love to see you guys get into the "discussions" and I am glad they are written down, so I can go back and study them when my son and I take on a "old old old machine" project. I can't post pics, so I know everyone gets put out with me when I ask specific questions without a pic, but all of you have been a tremendous help to both of us. Someone even pointed us to a tute someone made showing tensions and how to adjust, and how to read the "spin" of your thread that worked amazingly for my son (who is my quilter on a new Gammill that has had tension problems from day one) and from that day forward our quilts started being done up better and better. I love all of you, grumpy or not.....

And this thing with the ATF--years ago when I was puttering with an old machine that was stuck to high heaven and DH brought me in a can and told me to try it, but to do it outside, as it would stink. And boy did it ever. But it worked, and I got that machine up and running and my GS did his beginning sewing lessons on it. I still have it around somewhere and he calls that his machine. I think it is a knock-off of the Singers, because it looks and sounds like one of the pre-wartime Singers.