View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
One gentleman did that a few months ago, and I sent him a cautionary private message, and his response was "oh, I thought this was a site for quilting ladies so I assumed that they would not be very mechanically enclined(SIC)"

WOW...

It was tempting to "out him" but he left on his own....
You're kidding!?!?

You know, sometimes I wish I was more mechanically "enclined"... but those sewing machines are terribly intimidating. I have enough trouble just figuring out the dials on the outside of the machine... and the levers. What's with the levers AND the dials? Why couldn't they just go with one thing. It would be less aesthetically displeasing....

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Now, on to something else.
I remember that fellow SteveH mentioned but I can't remember his name. His claim to infamy here was bragging to everyone that he was a 30 year + sewing machine mechanic and he lubed his machines by using an aerosol spray lube and hosing the machines insides then just buttoning them and leaving it at that.
We, or some of us, tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he received a very cold shoulder from 99.8% of us.
I think I was one of the ones who gave him a bit of a tongue lashing. Based on what Steve's told us, I don't feel bad about it now. Seriously. That guy did NOT know his audience!