Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
GroovyEyeDesigns

Default Need help identifying this striped retro beauty of a machine

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here, and stumbled upon this board/thread through various other websites, while trying to do some research on a machine I just bought off ebay. It caught my eye instantly, and the fact that it was made in Japan and all metal encouraged me to buy it. However, when it arrived, the stitch length dial was not working and I'll need to have it serviced. When I opened it up, the stitch length dial isn't hooked onto anything! It's just turning freely, without affecting any internal components. I'm not sure whether there's a piece missing, or a mere disconnection somewhere. If it's the latter, I don't see any loose pieces inside at all. Anyhow, being the DIY girl that I am, I wanted to see if I could figure out the problem myself, but I can't for the life of me find a manual for this machine. That's when I found out about "badged" machines from Japan. I was wondering if anyone could help me ID this machine to see what it was modeled after. It's an Emdeko Mark IV...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478150[/ATTACH]

Personally, I'm guessing it dates 70s, from the funky striped pattern. It looks like a solid machine, and I can't wait to get it working... but again, I'll need an y info I can get from you guys to help me ID it.
Attached Thumbnails emdeko.jpg