Thread: Do you can
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Feathers

Julie:
I've been canning Apple pie filling for years and it's wonderful. I also can peach pie filling, berry pie filling . It's so easy to whip up a pie when all you have to do is roll out the crust and open a jar of filling.

Mistreated: I would love to have your rhuarb pie filling recipe. This year I will be doing a new volunteer job with our County Fair...supervisor of the NON-4H foods unit and we are in the process of revising the Fair book to add new categories and Pie Filling was one of the categories I wanted to add.

Someone asked for another recipe for jams, jellies and relishes. I have TONS. I make a Pepper & Onion relish that tastes EXACTLY like Harry and David's relish that sells for $4.95 for a half pint! You put the relish over meats of any kind and to use as an appetizer, you mix it with Philly Cream Cheese, microwave for a minute or so and serve with crackers (Wheat Thins are the best).

I also make jams and jelly using Jello , pineapple and zucchini that is delicious. I think I posted that somewhere around here about a year ago.