View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Sunflowerzz

Okay, I'll join in, my point is probably mute but it is how I now feel about the vintage machines. Sewing machine lubrication evolution? I don't think we need it. Our vintage machines are much much older than we are and have been tested time and time again and again just by their rough treatment and zero treatment over the years and then can without so much as a groan start right up and happily sew for new generations of people.

What worked for these machines all of those hundred and more years ago will still work today. Part of the allure of these vintage machines is the simplicity that we are drawn to with lifestyles that nowadays border on hectic/frenzy.

One of the catch phrases at Seagate Technology where I worked a long time ago was K.I.S.S.
I have always liked that phrase and it reminds me ( maybe no one else) to do that. I use the old singer lube and I snap it up like it is gold every time I find a vintage tube of it. I remind myself of that catch phrase when my life gets too hectic.....Keep It Simple Stupid.

This is NOT directed at anyone. It is so easy to get carried away and complicate life more than it needs to be. Yes, research is/can be fun and in informative. But on the other hand why try to fix something that isn't broken and has worked so well for well over a century? Just asking.

My new catch phrase: I'd rather be sewing!