View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Jamesbeat

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
James, if you have an adapter so you can use low shank attachments, then you should be able to use the Kenmore one I posted. (Or the Greist Designer in the "Low Lift" model). The one with the Singer name on it is for Slant machines.

Where did you get the adapter for you machine? I don't think I've seen one of them and it would be neat to have - since I collect attachments and also have a Kenmore high shank machine. I bought mine because I've got a thing for chainstitch machines - I have no idea why, but convertable machines fascinate me.
Thanks, I'll do some more research now that you've given me a bit more info to go on.

The shank adapters are all over ebay and amazon. I bought a high-shank to snap-on adapter for $3.50 including shipping. These are modern adapters, not vintage, but it's opened up a whole new world of presser foot options for my old machine.
Instead of searching for elusive 50 year old feet on ebay, I can now get a bag of 10 modern snap on feet for $12, and I don't have to make any permanent modifications to my machine.