View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 04:26 AM
Elisabrat

love your quilt top quiltaddiction its coming out very nice! I would go with one of the darker colors too just for variety and a 4 inch round is your call. is this your last round if so then maybe 6 would be better or even slightly larger because it would be the finished round. if you use a small one I think a larger one is the best for a finish so plan on two rounds to be happy. just my two bits

I think that green is great and that is not a Busy round at all. You could easily do as Jaba suggested maybe two rounds of a thin and thicker strip would be a nice finish.. a yellow and one of the other colors. just to close things off if your done. if not then go with what your heart tells you. I see you will be very happy with your quilt soon!

I cant sew a quilt for the life of me. I can sew table runners quilt them no trouble but a small throw is so tough for me to quilt that I could not join along on that one. I send mine to Jaba or themamahauser to quilt. I cant do a job nearly as well as they can. I wont even try. I have a simple regular sewing machine not a quilting machine and shoving thick items through it is not an easy task. I end up with one messed up quilt, lots of seam ripping then the pleading calls help me! so I gave it up! Any other ideas to start a new quilt along? and you should start a sew along if you want. sounds like there is a need for back up there and it would be a great monthly check in show what you have done, where your stuck, ideas for quilting patterns.. why not? sounds great! now to get someone to run that one! lol feel free to take the wheel its pretty simple a request of the admin to run that quilt along and your in. then just posting a few times a month and its not all that hard. sharing information is how we all improve.

So I will be on the look out for a new and exciting quilt to offer to share with everyone in the mean time I will be back to check on new posts. I am addicted to the photos!