Old 06-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Tothill

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
A co-worker asked me what I was doing this weekend, and I said that today I was going to stay home, clean, and hopefully sew and tomorrow I was going to JoAnn's with my gs to pick out a pattern and fabric to make him summer pj's.

"OHHHHHH...." he says, looking around, "that's sounds like FUN <eyeroll>" lol

So I've decided I need to be with real people who get excited about fabric and buying new things like clear rulers or who can share my enthusiasm when I learn a new technique, or have that light bulb moment.

I emailed my neighbor who used to belong to a local guild, and who I went with a few years ago but for reasons I don't remember, I stopped going. Hopefully she doesn't hold that against me.

Unless people sew, I can't mention it because they sort of don't want me to keep talking about it, like I've just told them I dropped a house on that witch in accounting, lol. I guess to be exciting I should be running races or remodeling my house or slaying dragons or something.

Ok I take this a different way. When I ask someone their weekend plans I a</eyeroll>m not asking for a detail description of what they plan, which appears to be what you gave your co-worker. A simple 'looking forward to spending time with my grandson' would have been plenty of information.

A personal example, I work in an industrial park at a coffee roasting plant. We offer free coffee to the people who work in the area. One of the fellows (Dan) races motocross bikes with his son. Every Friday I ask all the chaps who come for coffee what their plans are. If Dan says I am going to the races, I get the gist of his plans. If he goes into detail of the type of bike, the gear ratio, tires etc, I will be lost.

Another fellow is usually working in his large garden, I do understand more about gardening than dirt bikes, so we sometimes have a conversation about how his garden is doing and if he is successful keeping the deer out of it.