View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:12 AM
mhobbs

Unhappy Are these salvageable?

Just found these quilt blocks while cleaning out my closet today. Was elated until I unfolded them to find the brown batik (which I didn't prewash) had run on the blocks. These are part of a sampler I started some time ago and I can remake if needed but, if these are salvageble with some elbow grease I am game. They've already been trimmed to size so I don' have any room for fraying if the integrity of the blocks are to be maintained so............. HELP! Any and all suggestions welcome. If you think they should be scrapped and not worth the time, that's ok. I'm prepared to hear it. I paid full retail for this fabric at a LQS and this is the first time I've been burned with a run. I always use die catchers for other things batik and am stunned why this would run since it has been stored in a dry place. However, they were under another quilt so it's possible the humidity of the south is the culprit. Nonetheless, this is what I have. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails 20140608_120709.jpg   20140608_120725.jpg   20140608_120742.jpg