View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Veinurse

Default I've been lurking and now am a member.

Last week I decided to join this fun forum. I started quilting in 2003. I was giving chemo to a lady who wanted to make a quilt for each of her 5 children before she died. She was 40 and with the help of area quilters she managed. (She actually made 6 because her step-son did not like his.) Quilting was something I always wanted to do but with the busy life of working, children and helping on the farm I did not have time. This lady showed me that I needed to start now! I now have 4 grandchildren and even they help me. I am lucky to have a network of good friends who also quilt. I retired two years ago. At the same time my son, daughter-in-law and their 4 kids moved into the 3 bedrooms in our upstairs, while their house was being built 6 miles away. I loved every day of it! The grandkids were the 6th generation to live in this house! Last summer our daughter was moving to a new home and she lived here for 4 months. I am now in the process of remodeling my daughter's old room into a quilting room. I finally had time to have ceilings repaired. I just sanded, stained and poly coated the old fir floors. I am now waiting for it to harden. I might need suggestions on how to make this bright, 10 X11 room the perfect sewing room. I love reading all the comment and seeing all of your beautiful quilts.