Thread: Labeling fabric
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I tried so hard not to, but we got new fabrics in at work and I could not let them slip into someone elses hands, at least not until I got my share. My question is - does anyone label their fabric when they buy it as far as date, price, where they bought it and size? Since some of what I bought will not be used for a while and some I bought for that common reason "Just had to have it, not sure for what"....
Thanks.
Merry Christmas to all!
I don't label the fabric, but I leave the cash register reciept folded in the fabric. When I use the fabric I write on the reciept what the project was. If I buy specific supplies for a project or something I've run out of and need to replace, I write that info on the reciept. All the reciepts then go in a sheet protector (like for a note book) and I have them handy to sort through when I am figuring how much I paid for supplies when I'm getting a quilt appraised (you have to know the $$ spent and the time used to make the quilt). This is easier to do than trying to remember a year or so later. haha