View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Edie

I loved it when Red Skelton would say "Oooh, there went a flock of them that time." He was referring to sea gulls! Remember that?

Remember the high school canteen dances. Started at 7:00 and ended at 10:00 and somebody's parents would pick you up? Or for those who had White Castle restaurants - paid 12 cents for a White Castle hamburger. And then see who could stuff the most in their mouth? Oh, heck I could go on forever - How bout the snipe hunts? Parking and hope to heck someone from school would see you??????? How bout hickey's and trying to explain that to your mother? How about getting hit with a snowball? She didn't believe you.. Why not? Because she used the same excuse!!!! What a wonderful life we have had - wonderful friends, wonderful memories, wonderful everything. I wouldn't change anything in the world for those days - which were the 50's. I grew up in the 50's from a 12 year old child to a married woman. Sure I have memories'; my wedding, eloping to the Little Brown Church in the Vale in Nashua Iowa, our son, adopted, and the light of our life and now he is pushing 50. My husband's layoffs for the first 20 years of our married life, his being #1 on the labor list. His retirement - our times together during that time from 1993 to 2013 when he passed away. Our life was typical, poor to begin with, poor all our lives, but so rich. I wouldn't change a minute of our lives together and our times together. Live, love, laugh and be happy - Hey that sounds like a song!!!!!! (When the Red Red Robin come Bob Bob Bobbin' along"). Knee Hi's! Plaid skirts, sweater sets, crinoline slips and our skirts would fluff up when we sat down at our desks! And the more crinoliines (as we called them) the more flared out our skirts would be. Sorry, but you know, the kids today will never know this as we did.

Live, love, laugh and be happy, and right now I am heading out on my deck with a glass of wine and sit in my rocking chair (out doors) and embroider a Christmas quilt.

God Bless Us Everyone!!!!! Edie - again!~

Last edited by Edie; 06-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.