View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 04:14 PM
cricket_iscute

Hi Tammi. Your theory sounds good to me, so I went over every bit of the entire thread path. I found one slightly rough area after the tension, but not on the exact tread path.

The seam does not pucker.

I would have tried switching parts with the 401, but at this moment, it doesn't seem necessary. I've sewed three long, very fast seams with no problems so far, but have not yet tried it on a quilt. The difference is that I followed Joe's instructions and measured and adjusted the part that holds the bobbin in, and I used a Schmetz 90 needle. Oh, I also flossed the tension thoroughly. I did catch some shredding there. I haven't done anything about that (crocus cloth) yet because of the three good seams. My philosophy is that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks, Joe. I did check and adjust all 4 specs together. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Good idea on setting gaps in the middle. I'll remember that and do it next time.

Maybe I am pulling the fabric. It is hard to handle a quilt in the space of just the cabinet. I don't have any other tables upstairs to support quilts nor room for them. I do have them downstairs but I also have knee issues and stairs are not doable right now. I'm guessing it isn't out of timing because the stitch remains perfect. Would you agree? Also, I see no needle marks or indications of timing problems. Unless you know something I don't? If so, do tell, please.

I will try to quilt my quilt and I'll let you know how it goes.

Cricket

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 06-09-2014 at 04:17 PM.