View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 04:26 PM
NJ Quilter

I have the same table. Have a roll of batting. The batting is folded in half on the roll. I usually make large bed size quilts. I unroll the batting from one short side of the table to the opposite end of the table leaving the roll on the table. Fold my top in half and lay the top on top of the batting begining at the cut end of the roll. When I get to the roll of batting and still have more top left, I just either slide the cut end off the edge of the table and continue sliding/unrolling as needed. I leave about 4-5 inches excess batting on each end. When I hsve enough batting unrolled and me excess at the far end I just chop it off with scissors. I don't worry about either end being particularly straight.

After that ordeal I lay out backing, batting and top centered on the table. Use binder clips to hold in place and either pin or thread baste. Shift the sandwich around as needed to baste the whole top. It can be a tedious process but no excessive bending and no crawling around on the floor. There is nota room in my house with enough floor space to do a queen or king size quilt anyhow.