View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Cecilia S.

Originally Posted by brandeesmom View Post
I decided to take out my Featherweight Sm and give it a cleaning and oiling and grease on the gears. I am not sure how much grease to put on the gears? My little tube of grease is pretty much empty, but I did manage to squeeze a very small amount on the gears. How thick should the grease be on the gears?

Another question also if you don't mind. Is it safe to use a Canuba Wax on the paints finish? My decals are all in perfect shape, but the paint could use a little more shine to it. Thank you!
wax: absolutely. just be sure that the wax is not within a product that has other nasties in is (solvents or abrasives). the pros use carnuba wax on their machines (sometimes in the form of car wax or boot wax, but again be careful to avoid those other ingredients.

grease: think of the function of the grease; oil will do the same trick, but oil disappears quicker than the grease, so grease is used because of its staying power; but you really only need a thin layer (which is why i use the think-of-oil as a starting place.) many people glob and glop it on. that is totally not necessary. you won't wreck it by overgreasing the gears; you will just create a gloopy mess which wil gather debris and gunk you up. but you won't harm it, really.