Old 06-10-2014, 08:59 AM
DebbieJJ

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
This is what we did when I was working. I love the idea of helping someone less fortunate, and children especially. I liked doing this better than doing the co-worker gifting thing, I always got something that wasn't my style (or in the case of a candle--a scent I couldn't stand, so made me think it might be re-gifted). I might be a scrooge too, because I'd really rather be at home quilting or being with family than shopping and crafting for someone who won't really appreciate what you spent all that time doing for them (mostly because they have no idea of how much time is involved). I'll step down off my soapbox now.......You're welcome.
I just re-read what I wrote.....I do sound like a scrooge! Really I'm not (I don't think so, anyway). I am always thankful to be remembered at any time, especially the holidays with everything going on. I'm like a lot of us.....I just really don't need anything else, except maybe some fabric, but not to be mean I'd rather pick that out myself. When I worked, it was at a manufacturing plant with a lot of men and non-crafty-type women, so we drew names, and most of the time we got someone's name that we'd never worked with before, so we knew nothing about their likes or wants. That's why I said what I did.