View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Beautiful quilt!
I'm not to the quilting stage on the lone star star top I inherited from my grandma that needs the piecing finished, so I have no words of wisdom in that department.
I did do a quick Google image search for quilting ideas for a lone star quilt, found some beautiful quilting! Here's the link:

http://www.google.com/search?q=quilt...iw=400&bih=600

Did you make yours using the strip piecing method, or by using templates? I've made a few mini lone stars, and the y-seams on them were tricky..I imagine doing it larger will be even more tricky...

Can't wait to see your finished product...
Kif
Thanks .

I used Eleanor Burns Radiant Star pattern & added to it. It's strip piecing. Wasn't hard to sew. You just need to mark & pin a lot. A word of caution if using EB's pattern.....there is zero room for mistakes. Seams must be exactly 1/4" or it throws the pattern off. I drew mine out on paper, changing the pattern & even drew my fabric/cuts on paper first. I added length panels & also made the triangles & corner squares bigger so there would be more background fabric beyond the main star tips. Measure twice, cut once.