Old 06-11-2014, 07:56 AM
cin72

I have hand quilted for about 20 years. While my children were in sports, band ect. I would drag a queen size sheet hobo style along with my quilting supplies, quilt and folding chair to all the events. I used a oval hoop and would quilt away. I the off seasons I have an antique 10ft quilting frame set up over my couch and I would sit on my coffee table and quilt away. A few months ago I had a quilt on the frame for 3 1/2 months. My back hurt, my legs hurt and my fingers just said NO MORE. Either I give up sewing and quilting or I do something about it. So I found a used long arm mega quilter with a grace frame and a week latter I was the proud owner of a quilting machine. Do I love it? I have finished my first quilt and have loads of problems but with the help of others, I am learning. But I do love it. I live in the country and nothing is close to me so it gives me something to do. Would I do it again? Yes I would because I love making things for others. Is it cost effective? No, unless you are going to make and sell but if you can find some one to finish a quilt for you that would probably be the way to go if you don't make many quilts.

My thoughts.
cin72