View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Teri D View Post
I LIKE the effect of the bleeding....especially if it's dispersed throughout your blocks. It provides some additional interest and makes the blocks look VERY "vintage". Once the blocks are made into the quilt, I personally would hope that there would be MORE bleeding because it looks like the lighter fabrics were over-dyed or hand-dyed and it softens the overall effect. Embrace the "funkiness"!

When life sends you lemons, make lemonade.......
I love this post!! I often just kind of "roll with it" when something goes wrong, particularly if it's something just for me.

BUT, to remove it...I know RIT makes a color remover now as well; might be easier to find locally than Synthropol (I've seen it at Joann's.) I haven't used it myself but one of my coworkers (who makes her own clothes) swears by it.

You might be able to just hand wash these blocks to get the bleed out; maybe put a little fray check along the edges if the fabric seems prone to raveling. If just a little humidity made it bleed, a sink full of water and a little soap might be enough to pull it back out.