View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 03:40 PM
cdevine

Red face Another Alaskan Girl.. Hello All

I loved coming into this introduce yourself part and seeing another person from Alaska. I have lived in this state off and on since 1998 and I absolutely love it. I currently live on Kodiak Island with my wonderful family. I dabbled in quilting about 20 years ago; I started on my first quilt and received lessons from a very wonderful friend in New York. After I joined the Military it did get put into a box and pretty much moved along with me until last year. I finally spoke with a local gal and asked her if she could quilt (this Hot Mess of a quilt that obviously had one too many types of fabrics they should have not gone together). She told me to fix a few things and yes she would do it for me. When I got this quilt back it stayed in the bag for about another year. Mother’s day of the same year I left to visit family and they decided to give me a craft room and this is when my love again for sewing turned around.

January of 2014 I took it upon myself to make a goal for myself so I didn’t feel like this room my children really wanted to give me didn’t go to waste. The goal was to finish EVERY project I started from the last 20 years no excuses. Well I am well on my way because I finished a large quilt for my husband’s mother (started 3 years ago), My 20 Year old quilt did get its binding and is currently on my bed , and have finished several others I started and finished. I am addicted to quilting and giving them to my family that my room is now to small so I need a larger one .

Sorry such a long story just excited to find this Quilting Board and meet such great people.