View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Bubbie

Downsizing always sounds great, BUT never do it fast (in a rush). It is always easier to keep too much, then weed it out later. With the cost of fabric today, you want to think about what it would cost to replace what your have. Then remember it will cost more in 6 months. What has worked for me (this time - have had to do it a couple of times for different reasons, but it's still the same - HARD, HARD, HARD), I divide into groups - KEEPING - NOT SURE - SELLING/DONATE. The items I'm keeping are packed and labeled (this way I can still sew, during the packing and moving process). The items that I'm getting ride of are placed into an OPEN box or boxes also labeled (this is placed in my sewing room), because I might still be adding or taking away before I'm finished. Now for the "NOT SURE" items, I try to place them into one or more of the large vacuum sealed bags(as seen on TV). This MUST stay with my sewing room so that I see all the items all of the time, this gives me time to think about how I feel (I can remove items I would like to get ride of, but I can also add items to the bags - they can be sealed and unsealed over and over again). If by the time my move come up and I still have stuff in the vacuum bags, I make sure to suck out all of the air (this makes them smaller and nice and tight). Then they stay with me, I can always have a fabric sale or I can trade with other quilters for items I want. Sorry this was so long, but I have gotten ride of things too fast before and was SORRY, SORRY, SORRY. So I would like to make sure your not. Good luck