View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 09:22 AM
mhollifiel

I purged my entire 4 br house when I retired then painted everything. Yes! I purged to the WALLS. Then I lost my husband and purged again. Unbelievably, I found, met and married a widower and moved out of state. PURGED again! I nearly froze in winter where we were living so we moved south. PURGED AGAIN. Now we live in a tiny fishing shack and I have just what I need in a house that requires very little maintenance. My living room is my sewing room, guest room's my fabric storage, old buffet is my storage for tools, backings, etc., front screened in porch is my raised big cutting table. I have never regretted purging a thing, even my mother's Singer 500 Rocketeer. The secret is to send your things where you know they can will be used and enjoyed.
I especially encourage you to get rid of any UFOs that you can part with. You can not imagine the relief I felt when those were out of my life and no longer my worry. Now I am in charge of what I own and my "stuff" does not own me. Also, begin recording in your handwriting what pieces/things you want to go to what friend or member. Or, if you can, go ahead and send them on their way.