Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM
J Miller

GroovyEyeDesigns,

I got out to the garage and took some pics of the stitch length knob inner parts on my machine.
My machine is an Emdeko LT-72 Select N Sew.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478871[/ATTACH]
There is an inner part to the stitch length adjuster. As you turn the knob the inner shaft moves in and out, and a roll pin that sits vertically (top red arrow) pushes the stitch adjusting mechanism to the rear to change the stitch length. The mechanism returns by spring tension.
There is also a roll pin at the front of the outer housing to the stitch length adjuster ( bottom red arrow) that I think works with the inner part or holds it. I'm not sure.

I don't think your machine is exactly like this one, but it is probably similar, and it looks to me like some parts may be missing.

I was right. After taking my machine apart, taking the pics. Working them over so you could see the parts, it dawned on me I should have just work your pics over. So I did.
Here is your second pic lightened up and focused.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478874[/ATTACH]
You can see hole where a pin used to be. Without the pin there is no way for the outer housing to turn the inner housing. Roll pins can be had at hardware stores. Just be careful when you ( if you do put it in ) put in the pin as you can mess things up by putting it in too far or at an angle.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails img_5647.jpg   emdeko-stitch-length-adjuster-b.jpg