View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 03:14 PM
oldtnquiltinglady

Oh my goodness, I have my head in the sand right now. I have been sitting here reading this thread for at least 30 minutes--agonizing with each one of you--because that thought is in the back of my mind day and night--GET RID OF IT...DON'T BUY ANYTHING ELSE...NOTHING....and I hate the feeling, because I love to shop and spend money. But our house, my sewing room, and DH's shop are crammed full of my stuff. He has no problem whatsoever with getting rid of something that he bought and is now tired of. I simply cannot do that. I want to look at it, or use it, or move it, and I have to keep it because I might need it, or want it again soon. And sometimes soon turns into a year or two.

Speaking of "head in the sand" my kids all call me an ostrich. Can you believe that? I have spent the entire afternoon out in my sewing room straightening up fabric and re-stacking it onto shelves already running over. I just keep pushing one more little piece in; I have ladies coming over tomorrow who want to see my sewing room, and I just could not let them see it in the mess that it was in. If I would only put that piece back where it was when I am working on a new idea for a quilt.....

Good luck as you go through your downsizing efforts. Maybe you can pass one of the ideas that works for you on to me. I am trying to do it before my kids have to.