Thread: OBW repeat?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Quilter 65

S & W are my favorites to do. Each makes such neat blocks. The ones I have done and have cut out (5) and have fabric for more use 24 inch repeats and I prefer octagons and that repeat works well. I have seen animals made up and it is amazing how they turn out. I am a bit of the notion that parts bother me sometimes, but not so much to keep me from trying as I would choose or pick the place to cut the wedges so I got a neat look. My absolute favorite would be the last and I would go for that in a nano second. I made one using very similar fabrics and really, really like it. It won several ribbons in one show that I entered it and you can refer to it under Peacock Stack and Whack Finished (or at least that is how I remember it). I have seen stripes and straight lines made into S&W but they weren't quite like that #4 so not sure how that would work. I saw one made into LeMoyne Stars that had a low contrast like #3 and it was jaw-dropping. So soft and beautiful. Good luck. They say you can take the ugliest fabric and make a beautiful S&W. When you START with beautiful fabric, think how well they will turn out!