View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:33 AM
dc989

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Terri D. I understand about limiting sewing groups. I meet with 3 other ladies in our homes once a month for a little sew time. Four is the perfect size for our dining room tables, each one of us bring a lunch item. Other friends in our Guild have hinted about joining us but it causes too much trouble. Suddenly we are into extra tables, extra food, extra conversations, someone feels left out so it adds to more people. We don't have a name for our group, but we do function like a small bee. I think the term "Guild" often is used for "Bee". To me a Guild is where you go for information and a Bee is where you go for sewing. But that's just my interpretation.
Feeling pressured to add another person is why my small monthly group folded. The person doing the pressuring brought her without asking even though we had said no more (privately esp this person). We closed for the summer to let this drop and it never started again. Now some of them are meeting again, but I was not included. I have tried to get to the bottom of this as has my best friend who was not included either. I overheard one of the group discussing the fact that the uninvited guest was causing problems in the new group, which is the very reason no one wanted to include her in the first place. Yes this sounds just like junior high! If I did anything wrong I truly don't know what it was. Will I ever put myself in this position again? No. I have never been so hurt in my life.