Old 06-15-2014, 03:59 AM
Jean in Ohio13452

Smile

Originally Posted by souffoue View Post
I'm about as "newbie" as they get - I have only made one rag quilt. I'm going to be making another rag quilt (my daughter has requested a bigger one). After that I want to try "real" (for lack of a better time) quilting. Is there any type of quilt that is easiest for a beginner/newbie?

Thanks for the help and suggestions!
One of the first ones I made was for my boss and I cut 12 1/2 inch Squares ( then you have the 1/4 inch seams ) out of coordinating Fabrics. I used Rich Paisleys and Flowered Prints. Made it big enough for a Throw she could cover up with while watching TV almost twin size.. used a nice batting and both Tied it at all the corners and in Center of Squares and then hand Quilted using bigger stitches about 1 inch from the Seams in all the Squares and made a binding out of all the fabrics... This was a Quick job and more like a Comforter than Quilt .. but it turned out nice and She loved it... ( my co-workers chipped in on the cost). You could use smaller squares or even Rectangles for the same idea.. ( use this as a practice Quilt for different styles of stitching. )